The role of managers, supervisors and team leaders has never been more important. They are the army of humans that bring the senior leadership teams vision and strategy to life. Without effective and confident management even the best of plans will fail. And, at Quest, we know that confident management requires confident managers.
Quest is committed to the training and development of managers. We deliver a range of qualifications that develop the practical skills necessary to manage in today’s complex world. A professionally recognised management qualification can help you -
- Build your professional reputation
- Develop practical management skills
- Enhance your personal development
- Improve your personal performance
- Improve your teams performance
- Gain a recognised qualification
- Support your teams development
Quest provides a range of highly regarded vocational management qualifications. These include Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs) and Professional Development Awards (PDAs). Mixing both theory and practice these are completed by demonstrating competence in the workplace. Certification comes from the Scottish Qualifications Authority.
There are 3 different SVQ's.
- Management Level 11
- Aimed at - Business Owners, Directors and Senior Managers who lead an organisation.
- Management Level 9
- Aimed at - Managers who can change strategy, encourage and implement innovation.
- Management Level 7
- Aimed at - First line managers and supervisors who manage people and resources.
Not sure which SVQ is right for you?
Professional Development Awards (PDAs) are shorter, more focussed qualifications. They’re normally made up of two units from an SVQ.
Managing Yourself and the Work of Others
This is a level 7 PDA consisting of two units from the Management Level 7 SVQ. It’s ideal for individuals who don’t want to commit to the whole SVQ.
It consists of the following two level 7 modules -
- Manage People's Performance at Work (DB4 14 Credits)
- Develop your knowledge, skills and competence (AA2 7 Credits)
The PDA is completed in the same way as the SVQ and takes 4-6 months.
In addition there are also 3 further PDA options open to you. (Click on each to find out more.)
- Level 9 in Leadership
- Level 11 in Strategic Leadership
- Flexible PDA’s (To avoid units not relevant to your business.)
New for 2020, we’re supporting the delivery of PDAs and SVQs with short focused workshops. These workshops are available to everyone. They can be used as part of your qualification or in isolation, simply to learn a new practical skill.
Our current workshops include -
- What does a manager/supervisor do?
- Effective Communication
- Dealing with tricky situations
- Motivation and Delegation
- Leading Meetings