Funding for Training
There are two routes for funding as an individual.
1. Using an Individual Training Account (ITA) if you earn under Â£22000 and meet eligibility criteria
2. SAAS - if you earn under Â£25000 and meet eligibility criteria.
What is an ITA?
Skills Development Scotland (SDS) Individual Training Accounts (ITAs) are for people who are 16 or over, living in Scotland and either in low paid work or actively seeking work. You must have an income of £22,000 a year or less, or be on certain benefits to be eligible to get up to £200 towards the costs of learning or training.
You can apply for an ITA if you are not undertaking any secondary, further or higher education, SDS funded training or participating on the Community Jobs Scotland programme.
ITAs are available if you are interested in learning something new or developing an existing skill to support you in work.
To find out more or to apply, visit https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/learn-and-train/sds-individual-training-accounts-ita
The training programmes from Quest that eligible applicants could use their ITA funding are
- Elementary Food Hygiene (REHIS)
- Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders
- Planning and Devivering Learning Sessions to Groups (SCQF Level 6)
- PDA Managing Self and the Work of Others (SCQF level 7)
- PDA in Leadership (SCQF level 8)
- PDA Assessment Direct and Indirect Methods (L&D9DI)
- PDA Internal Verification of Workplace Assessment (L&D11)
- Conduct he Assessment Process
- Management SVQ level 7
- Customer Service Award (SCQF level 5)
- Administration SVQ level 2,3,4
- Customer Service SVQ level 2,3,4
- Learning and Development Level 3
- Worldhost Principles of Customer Service
- Elementary Health and Safety (REHIS)
- Social Services and Healtchare level 6 and 7
- Social Services and Healthcare Children and Young People level 6 and 7
Part-Time Fee Grant from Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS)
This scheme can provide more than £500 and up to £1195 a year towards the cost of tuition fees.
- The Quest qualifications that are eligible for the funding are SVQs in:
- Management 7 and 9
- Administration 4
- Learning and Development 3 and 4
- Customer Service 4
- PDA:Training and Development for delivery to groups level 7
- Social Services and Healthcare SVQs Level 7
To qualify for this funding, you should have an income of £25,000 a year or less. You also need to be studying a part-time Higher Education course, Professional Development Award (PDA) or Continuing Professional Development (CPD) at levels 7-10 of the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) and complete between 30-119 SCQF credits per year.
Quest has prepared a information sheet on the amount of funding you can access. Download here