Funding for Individuals - ITA or SAAS
Individual Training Accounts - Following a hugely successful year for this programme, demand from individuals has been strong and as a result this target has been met ahead of schedule. The scheme therefore will be closed to new applicants from 7 December 2018 until April 2019, subject to budget approval.'
So no ITA's until April. Depending on the training qualification there may still be SAAS funding. Please get in touch for advice.
What is an ITA?
Skills Development Scotland (SDS) Individual Training Accounts (ITAs) are for people who are 16 or over, living in Scotland and either in low paid work or actively seeking work. You must have an income of £22,000 a year or less, or be on certain benefits to be eligible to get up to £200 towards the costs of learning or training.
ITAs may be available after April 2019.
To find out more or to apply, visit www.myworldofwork.co.uk
The training programmes from Quest that eligible applicants could use their ITA funding are
- Elementary Food Hygiene (REHIS)
- Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders
- Planning and Devivering Learning Sessions to Groups (SCQF Level 6)
- PDA Managing Self and the Work of Others (SCQF level 7)
- PDA in Leadership (SCQF level 8)
- PDA Assessment Direct and Indirect Methods (L&D9DI)
- PDA Internal Verification of Workplace Assessment (L&D11)
- Conduct he Assessment Process
- Management SVQ level 7,9
- Customer Service Award (SCQF level 5)
- Administration SVQ level 2,3,4
- Customer Service SVQ level 2,3,4
- Learning and Development Level 3, 4
- Worldhost Principles of Customer Service
- Elementary Health and Safety (REHIS)
- Social Service and Healthcare Level 6 and 7
- Social Services and Healthcare Children and Young People level 6 and 7
To apply please search My World of Work for the course, then apply online at My World of Work for ITA funding. Successful applicants will receive confirmation from SDS and then you will be able to contact Quest to book your training programme.
Part-Time Fee Grant from Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS)
This scheme can provide more than £500 and up to £1195 a year towards the cost of tuition fees.
- The Quest qualifications that are eligible for the funding are SVQs in:
- Management 7 and 9
- Administration 4
- Learning and Development 3 and 4
- Customer Service 4
- PDA:Training and Development for delivery to groups level 7
To qualify for this funding, you should have an income of £25,000 a year or less. You also need to be studying a part-time Higher Education course, Professional Development Award (PDA) or Continuing Professional Development (CPD) at levels 7-10 of the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) and complete between 30-119 SCQF credits per year.
Visit the SAAS website to find out more and download an application form for academic year 2018/19
Quest has prepared a information sheet on the amount of funding you can access. Download here